From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-27 11:12:04

> > 1. BOOST_LIB_NAME should be in quotes.
> > Why? First of all it was not clear from the description and in a first
run
> > got very unclear warning instead what should it be. And second of all
why
> > can't this header add them if not present?
>
> I don't know is that possible - I can't think of a way in which the
> preprocessor can detect that - the usage section does say:

How about
#define QUOTE( s ) #s

and use QUOTE( BOOST_LIB_NAME ) instead of BOOST_LIB_NAME?

> Before including this header you must one or more of define the following
> macros:
>
> BOOST_LIB_NAME: Required: A string containing the basename of the
> library,
> for example "boost_regex".

Frankly, even after reading this

#define BOOST_LIB_NAME unit_test_framework seemed reasonable to me. Maybe
it's me.

> > 3. boost prefix
> > Why couldn't this header add the boost prefix itself. After all it seems
> > that there was an agreement that all the libraries should begin with
> boost?
>
> It could, it just felt more "generic" doing it this way.

Well if you mean this to be used outside of boost. In other case forsing
boost prefix would be nice. But, I can live with that.

> > 4. Toolset usage
> > Now finally how should I define my toolset to select proper name of the
> > library depends on all these options. Shouldn't we have similar
"shortcut"
> > in boost build that just allow me to say: link regex library and proper
> name
> > will be chosen automatically?
>
> Yes, but you'll have to ask the Boost.Build guys about that.
>
> One final point: as soon as I can find the time I need to rewrite this
> header to match what Rene's new Boost.Install code is going to do. Oh and
> have some more docs on the way....

Ok. I will wait with Boost.Test changed until then.

> John.

Gennadiy.