From: Markus Werle (numerical.simulation_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-25 07:13:23

Hi!

Though I appreciate efforts which lead to portable code,
an Expression Template libaray has a lot of automatically
included brain damage already _without_ support for broken
compilers.

So I plan to take a path inbetween, since I am
not willing to "apply them all"

The rationale for a large number of
BOOST_POLLUTE_MY_SOURCE_CODE_TILL_IT_HURTS_THE_EYES
is "Borland C++ cannot eat this" or "VC6 is to blame"

I am not going to support VC6 anyway, but for Borland ...

My questions:

1) Does the _latest_ version of Borland C++
still have some of the issues described in
http://www.boost.org/more/int_const_guidelines.htm?

2) Are there any estimates about the percentage
of Borland C++ compiler users compared to Intel C++
and GNU-g++-3.4?
(The 2 compilers I plan to support in all case)

best regards,

Markus

--
Build your own Expression Template Library with Daixtrose!
Visit http://daixtrose.sourceforge.net/