From: Victor A. Wagner, Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-25 10:21:31

At Tuesday 2003-11-25 05:13, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Though I appreciate efforts which lead to portable code,
>an Expression Template libaray has a lot of automatically
>included brain damage already _without_ support for broken
>compilers.
>
>So I plan to take a path inbetween, since I am
>not willing to "apply them all"
>
>The rationale for a large number of
>BOOST_POLLUTE_MY_SOURCE_CODE_TILL_IT_HURTS_THE_EYES
>is "Borland C++ cannot eat this" or "VC6 is to blame"
>
>I am not going to support VC6 anyway, but for Borland ...

I applaud that decision and personally wouldn't go out of my way for vc7.0
either.
vc7.1 (also known as .net2003) is clearly readily available. IMO, support
for "old" compilers just gives the vendors an excuse to not fix their
product, and users an excuse to do the same when updated become available.