From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-14 11:12:06

At 12:00 AM 12/14/2003, Douglas Paul Gregor wrote:

>What's still holding up the 1.31.0 release? The regression tests are
>looking reasonably good. Ideally I'd like to see format, quaternion, and
>octonion doing better, but I'm not sure if that'll happen.

There are a few other regressions, but, yes, regressions seem mostly under
control. I was going to check against the new Intel 8.0 release, but the
license needs updating, so I'm not holding my breath. Also, a fair number
of Spirit tests are being reported as fails.

>What else?

Here are some things on my "do" list:

* Check http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/inspection_report.html
for fixable problems. Pester Dave on the Boost.Python problems.

* Do a trial integration of the XML generated docs to make sure there are
no surprises.

* Verify the new "getting started" instructions are integrated with
"download" and similar web pages. Make sure any older redundant pages or
material relating to getting started has been updated or removed.

* Review mailing lists for patches that have been submitted, but not
apparently acted on.

None of those absolutely have to be done before we branch-for-release, but
I'd like to have the rest of today (Sunday) and all of tomorrow to work on
them.

How would others feel about a Tuesday noon US East Coast target for
branch-for-release?

--Beman