From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-14 12:29:37

Beman Dawes wrote:

> At 12:00 AM 12/14/2003, Douglas Paul Gregor wrote:
>
> >What's still holding up the 1.31.0 release? The regression tests are
> >looking reasonably good. Ideally I'd like to see format, quaternion, and
> >octonion doing better, but I'm not sure if that'll happen.
>
> There are a few other regressions, but, yes, regressions seem mostly
> under control. I was going to check against the new Intel 8.0 release,
> but the license needs updating, so I'm not holding my breath. Also, a
> fair number of Spirit tests are being reported as fails.

Where can I find the results of the tests you mentioned? AFAIK, Spirit
wasn't part of the boost test suite? Are you referring to metacomm's
tests? If so, I am looking at it now and we'll try to fix some of the
failures. So far, our own tests look good:

http://tinyurl.com/udyw

It just so happens that the metacomm's tests at:

http://tinyurl.com/y6rj

emphasizes compilers such as borland, vc6 and vc7, which Spirit
1.8.0 do not support any more. So, perhaps a lot of those tests
really ought to be "expected failures" (if I understand the meaning
of "expected failures" correctly).

(Note however that Spirit 1.6.x will still be maintained. The
1.6.x version will continually support these older, less compliant
compilers).

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman