From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-20 06:12:19

> >Okay. Let's branch, then.
>
> One argument against branching is that this coming week is so fragmented
> that it might be better to just peck away at minor stuff link the Linux
> regressions and Intel 8.0 testing, and branch in a week as people start to
> refocus.
>
> Is any one desperately waiting for the branch?

No, personally I would prefer this weekend to finish off a few minor issues:

Thread lib better #errror messages
Patch to msvc-stlport-tools.jam (documented STLPORT_VERSION currently has no
effect).
Add vc7-stlport and vc7.1-stlport toolsets
Minor patch to test/src/execusion_monitor.cpp (reported a while ago, but no
response).

All those are ready to go.

What were the gcc-2.95 issues?

However I think we should set a definite timetable for release now, how
about branching right after Christmas with a release for early in the New
Year? Depends a lot on how busy people are.

John.