From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-22 20:39:35

Hi Vincent

"Vincent Finn" <vincent.finn_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
[snip]
> The first is is it possible for the header not to include all the STL
> headers?
> I know why it is done and that it doesn't really cost anything but I
> am always reluctant to include headers I don't need

they should only be included on vc6 and other platforms should not
need them. It might not be fixed yet in the code.

> The second question is should the function P() be in the assign
> namespace. I know it is a trivial function but it is needed to make
> using the library on maps useful so I would imagine people will have
> to keep defining it if it isn't supplied

P() i basically short for std::make_pair. But for maps you can just
2-arguments style list, eg.,

std::map<std::string, int> m;
m += ( "two", 2 )("three", 3);

So is there really any need for P()?