From: Vincent Finn (vincent.finn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-23 07:11:19

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:39:35 +1100, "Thorsten Ottosen"
<nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Hi Vincent
>
>"Vincent Finn" <vincent.finn_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>[snip]
>> The first is is it possible for the header not to include all the STL
>> headers?
>> I know why it is done and that it doesn't really cost anything but I
>> am always reluctant to include headers I don't need
>
>they should only be included on vc6 and other platforms should not
>need them. It might not be fixed yet in the code.

apologies
they are wrapped in a #if
I wasn't reading the code carefully enough!

>P() i basically short for std::make_pair. But for maps you can just
>2-arguments style list, eg.,
>
>std::map<std::string, int> m;
>m += ( "two", 2 )("three", 3);
>
>So is there really any need for P()?

Not if that works but it doesn't for me
I get
error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function taking 2 arguments

I can call the more general version
assign(m) ("two", 2)("three", 3);
which is OK but not quite as elegant as the += variant

        Vin