From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-09 05:06:18

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> I think we should start to discuss the possibility of having individual
> releases (as Spirit is doing right now) instead of one monolithic release.
> I'm sure you are all starting to feel the weight. At some point, when boost
> assimilates more libraries, a monolithic release might take forever. This
> seems to go against the open source mantra "release early, release often".

FWIW, I like the release-frequency as it is. Few but well tested
releases are what users need, see GCC or XFree86. "Release early,
release often" is only good in the beginning, but there is another
mantra: "Release when it's ready for release - not when your marketing
department wants to".

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology