From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-09 12:56:48

Russell Hind <rhind_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> You might also try going into the status directory and running the
>> tests with:
>> bjam -sTOOLS=borland
>> "-sBUILD=<define>BOOST_DETECT_OUTDATED_WORKAROUNDS"
>> That'll find all places where BOOST_WORKAROUND(__BORLANDC__,
>> BOOST_TESTED_AT(some-earlier-version))
>> was used.
>> We really ought to be doing that for each new compiler release, so we
>> can be sure that we're not using any unneccessary workarounds, but...
>>

> Unfortunately, the places I've changed for the new compiler, don't
> even check for a version, merely
>
> #ifdef __BORLANDC__
>
> So I doubt there is anyway to catch that without a search.

I realize that. I'm just saying that we have a technique used in some
places which will give you an automatic check. It's a good way to
make a first pass over the code. Probably for 1.32.0 we'll have a new
system of macros that's used with much more discipline, considering
the recent Intel8/__GNUC__ debacle.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting