From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-09 13:00:13

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, AlisdairM wrote:
> That is why I put up my alternate suggestion, announce at least one branch-
> date ahead of time so authors know when they need to get their updates
> ready by. If they know the branch date in advance, they are better able to
> guess if their latest developments can make the release with that extra
> push, or if they should focus on the following release instead.

I agree with Alisdair here: if we have some idea when we might want to
release again, we'll know how to spend our time. Release is 3 months out?
Let's do some serious new work. Only 1 month out? Stabilize and document
what we have now.

I suggest that we schedule 1.32.0 to be released 4 months after we post
1.31.0; two weeks before that date, we branch to stabilize the release. No
other changes to the release procedure.

        Doug