From: Neal D. Becker (nbecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-13 13:00:34

Beman Dawes wrote:

> In past discussions it was suggested that release candidates be made
> available before actual releases to allow Boosters to inspect for
> problems.
>
> Accordingly, http://www.esva.net/~beman/boost_1_31_0_rc1.zip is available.
> I'll put a more POSIX friendly version up later if I get a chance, but I'm
> in a time crunch so that may not happen.

Question:

I have both python2.2.3 (installed as /usr/bin/python) and python2.3
(installed as /usr/bin/python2.3). There are /usr/lib/python2.2
and /usr/lib/python2.3.
 If I do
PYTHON_ROOT=/usr bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" stage

which python will it find? How do I get bjam to tell me?

Question2:

What's needed for a more "POSIX friendly" version? Would you like a
volunteer?