From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-13 11:19:20

In past discussions it was suggested that release candidates be made
available before actual releases to allow Boosters to inspect for problems.

Accordingly, http://www.esva.net/~beman/boost_1_31_0_rc1.zip is available.
I'll put a more POSIX friendly version up later if I get a chance, but I'm
in a time crunch so that may not happen.

I'm headed to Florida and a beach for a week of vacation. By the time I get
back Wednesday, the 21st, it would be great if any problems spotted in the
RC have been fixed. If there have been a lot of changes, we can do another
RC, otherwise we can move directly to the actual release.

One thing to check in the RC (also in CVS, both HEAD and RC_1_31_0 branch)
is index.htm. The introductory wording has been updated a bit, and several
news items added. There are several libraries not mentioned (Spirit?) that
I know have had a lot of work done; the "news" has to be update soon or it
won't make the release.

--Beman