From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-21 19:05:28

Hi Guys,

The concept checking Dave is refering to is not a feature of the released
software, but part of the testing. So it's not what you're thinking. I'm
not adding last minute features to the code.

And yes we really need those tests. I've discovered several bugs because
of them. They make sure that things like our reverse_iterator really have
the interface that they're suppose to, and have the type requirements that
are advertised in the docs. Besides, its wrong headed to remove tests just
so that it looks like we have a clean compile.

Anyways... I fixed a few library bugs today. If there are any remaining
let me know. As for compiler bugs triggered by the tests... I don't have
time to workaround other peoples bugs.

Cheers,
Jeremy