From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-23 13:52:35

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:24:11 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:
[with regards to my g++/fold-zip_view performance woes]
> The first thing to do is try an implementation of fold which doesn't use
> iter_fold_if under-the-covers. It will still be general, but there will
> be less code-reuse (under the covers).

iter_fold_if isn't used in the implementation of fold. Did you mean
something else?

Having played around a bit more, my finger is starting to point in the
general direction of zip_view - fold on an mpl::vector is quick to
instantiate. zip_view iterator support (begin and end) appear to be slow
to instantiate - and this causes the slow down in the fold statement that
I'm using.

I'll have a look at zip_view, but on first looks it doesn't exactly look
simple :-)

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email