From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-24 19:20:46

On 1/22/04 4:11 AM, "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I am writing a library with hopes that it may, one day, become part of
> boost. Whether it ever makes it to the main libraries or not it would be
> nice to fit it in to the boost namespace system. Should I grab a boost
> sub-namespace e.g boost::my_whacky_library or should I avoid the boost
> namespace entirely? I feel a bit 'cheeky' using the boost namespace for
> something that is not 'officially' boost. Is there any policy on this?
[TRUNCATE]

Unless you're also going to distribute the library separately, it should
probably go into a domain-specific namespace. Only if the library is
insanely large (like Spirit or Regex) should it get a namespace by itself;
making new namespaces for every little library will dilute the system to
pointlessness.

If you're talking about your Units stuff, maybe it could go into a "science"
namespace. Other people's science-stuff would go here too. If you separate
the dimension-analysis stuff, maybe that could go into the "math" namespace.
If it's separated further with tagged types, that last stuff could go with
the 'utility' items.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie