From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-25 19:26:49

At 06:30 PM 1/25/2004, Jeff Garland wrote:

>Finally, it seems to me the real solution is to either split the duties
or
>find another review wizard volunteer. I'm willing to spend a couple
hours
>a month on this if it would help...

The most frustrating thing I ran into as review wizard was lining up review
managers. I'd send an email to the top one or two in the queue, and it
would take several days to determine that one or both was going to be
unavailable. Sometimes a few more days trying to juggle dates, before
giving up. So then I'd try again, finally getting a review manager and
reviewee all lined up and in sync. Sometimes I'd be out-of-town or very
busy somewhere during the process, further slowing it.

It seems like some kind of automatic scheduling system could do the work.
Often what is needed is persistence rather than human intelligence. Does
anyone know of such an automated system? It would have to be email based,
or at least the notification part would have to be.

--Beman