From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-26 03:27:22

> The most frustrating thing I ran into as review wizard was lining up
> review managers. I'd send an email to the top one or two in the queue,
> and it would take several days to determine that one or both was going
> to be unavailable. Sometimes a few more days trying to juggle dates,
> before giving up. So then I'd try again, finally getting a review
> manager and reviewee all lined up and in sync. Sometimes I'd be
> out-of-town or very busy somewhere during the process, further slowing it.
>
> It seems like some kind of automatic scheduling system could do the
> work. Often what is needed is persistence rather than human
> intelligence. Does anyone know of such an automated system? It would
> have to be email based, or at least the notification part would have to be.

I don't think automating would help here.

How about having the email' addresses of all the review managers on the formal_review_process.html page?
(and update this page as review managers are added or deleted)

The one making a review request will have to write an email to all of the managers, and see which one is available.
I don't think there would be a problem if for a review request we would have multiple review managers.

Having a [review] tag in the subject for the formal reviews seems pretty ok. I tend to agree with Jonathan - I think the discussion should still
happen in the main list, while each message containing '[review]' in its subject should *automatically* be forwarded to another list. This way, we get
best of both worlds - the reviews still happen on the main list, and you can still search ONLY the [review] archive.

Best,
John