From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-31 16:25:12

On 1/29/04 1:32 PM, "Baptiste Lepilleur" <blepctc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Beman,
> generating a unix tarball would be easier for unix users. Previous issue
> for windows have(?) already been fixed and all unpacking tool support
> tar.gz.
>
> SourceForge provides the 'compile farm' service which allow users to log
> into unix box hosted by sourceforge, with access to the cvs and your
> boost.sf.net user account (through sftp).
>
> From there, it should be fairly simple to do a cvs checkout, the tar
> ball, send it to your user account with sftp, and login into your shell
> account, transfer the tar ball in some subdirectory of the boost web site.

When building the final archive, it'll be better to do a CVS export so the
administrative directories will be removed. Optionally, after making the
tar-ball, we could compress it with the bzip2 program, which makes the
smallest archives. After transferring the boost.bz2 file to the web site,
then it can be revised to *.gz and *.zip files.

Does the compile farm have Windows boxes? If so, maybe a similar procedure
can be done to create the *.zip file instead.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie