From: Baptiste Lepilleur (blepctc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-29 13:32:06

    Hi Beman,
    generating a unix tarball would be easier for unix users. Previous issue
for windows have(?) already been fixed and all unpacking tool support
tar.gz.

    SourceForge provides the 'compile farm' service which allow users to log
into unix box hosted by sourceforge, with access to the cvs and your
boost.sf.net user account (through sftp).

    From there, it should be fairly simple to do a cvs checkout, the tar
ball, send it to your user account with sftp, and login into your shell
account, transfer the tar ball in some subdirectory of the boost web site.

    I used to do that for a project of mine using a simple modem, and it
worked great. Since your accessing cvs from a sourceforge machine, the
checkout is done in a fairly short time, and you don't even have to upload
the 10Mo archive!!!

    Well, this was just to let you know that this option exist.

    Regards,
    Baptiste.