From: Brian McNamara (lorgon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-17 19:26:07

Lambda

There's been a bit of discussion about FC++ lambda on the Boost list, so
I think it is pretty well-understood at this point. The documentation
(and some prior discussions) explain the differences from boost::lambda.

There are occasionally cases where I think FC++ lambda expressions are
better[*] than boost::lambda expressions, but in most cases,
boost::lambda provides the most concise solution.

[*] where "better" means shorter, easier to read/write, or other
    intuitive measures of "goodness"

Monads depend on lambda; in my opinion, over the long term, I think
monads will be the main "selling point" that makes it worth keeping
fcpp::lambda around in addition to boost::lambda.

--
-Brian McNamara (lorgon_at_[hidden])