From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-18 09:39:40

> Because I may want to? Why should I be prevented from supporting bcc if I so
> desire? Should I be forced to run my own regression tests in order to
> provide that support?

And if you want to then do so. I'm not asking for boost to explicitly
drop bcc32 as a supported compiler, just saying that I'm happy with 1.30
and 1.31 with bcc32 and realise the compiler has limitations, so if
boost developers were to say it is too much effort supporting the old
compiler then I'm quite happy for that and to stick with what I have so
I know where I stand. I know which features work and which don't.

You are free to support what compilers you like. If I were to write a
library and submit to boost, then I would support bcc32 because that is
my compiler of choice but I'm going to try and 'force' the boost
developers to support compiler and hinder development on the library
because of that.

Thanks

Russell