From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-24 21:31:56
here is my next try at an improved formal review procedure. I did away
with the additional mailing list. The outlined process tries to reduce
the burden on all involved as far as possible.
* The author posts a prereview request to the list. Subject line must
contain "[prereview request]".
* The author posts review request to review wizard. Subject line must
contain "[review request]" and
the message should contain a link to the prereview request.
The review request must be seconded by two boost members. To second a
review request does
not imply a positive review. A person who seconded a review request
can act as a review
manager. If nobody has volunteered so far the review wizard helps
finding a review manager.
* The review manager checks whether the library is suitable and ready
* The review manager sends a schedule request to the review wizard. The
subject line must
contain "[schedule request]".
* The review wizard schedules the review. Reviews will be scheduled on a
first come first serve basis,
based on the schedule request.
* The review manager announces the review.
Boost Review Wizard
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk