From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-26 13:07:22

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:20:46 +0000 (UTC)
Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'd say (I could be wrong, though) that this would
> cause much trouble. You have two options for using your
> proposed solution:
>
> 1. Define BOOST_ANY_HAS_EXPLICIT_CTOR globally in your
> project, thus possibly breaking existing code (which might
> lie deep inside Boost itself.)

This is what I was thinking. Oddly enough, while I have several
libraries that use boost::any, it is not used that much in the boost
library itself, and it may be reasonable to change any library code to
support the tighter scope of the explicit ctor. It would mean that
library code would have to code as if the ctor were explicit, but users
could use it either way (so long as the use is consistent).

--
Jody Hagins