From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-29 08:21:28

On 2/26/04 3:18 AM, "Brian McNamara" <lorgon_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[SNIP]
> Speaking of the process: where should libraries for review be posted?
> It says YahooGroups files section (and occasionally the old "vault" is
> mentioned), but I think these are currently held in disfavor. Can
> anyone get access to the sandbox? Is that appropriate? Is (what I did)
> just posting the zip of the web somewhere ok? Does it really matter at
> all?

Yahoo now blocks anonymous access to the "vault".

If the sandbox is used, the submission should still be in an archive file
(Zip, Tar/GnuZip, Tar/Bzip, etc.), but in a separate part of the sandbox.
It should not be lumped with all the miscellaneous code files. We could set
up a new root-level directory and put the archives there. Is anonymous
access activated for the sandbox?

Maybe we could use some part of our SourceForge web space?

For the sandbox or web space, the Review wizard should upload the file
there, so we don't have give write-access to every submitter.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie