From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-22 19:21:35

Hugo Duncan <hugoduncan_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> But there is a problem in that if someone uses the regular borland
>> toolset against a 5.6 install the autolink would then fail as it
>> would have bcb56, but the raw toolset would produce bcb. Don't know
>> how to solve that problem though :-(
>
> Doesn't the same problem exist if you use vc7.1 with the msvc toolset?
> Or to paraphrase the qustion, is a toolset per version the "intended"
> way of using bjam?

That part of BBv1 evolved without sufficient intention. Right now,
it's the only way in BBv1. BBv2 is much better about that. IIUC
there's only a small list of tasks remaining before we can switch to
BBv2. I think we'll need more people than just Vladimir (despite his
laudable efforts) to put attention on it if we want that to happen
soon.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting