From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-29 09:11:43

On Monday 29 March 2004 08:22 am, Michael Glassford wrote:
> >> Hmm, no, it looks like the default config isn't quite right. You'll
> >> need to edit user-config.jam (or whichever config file you please) and
> >> uncomment the line "using boostbook ;" to get it working.
>
> Perhaps this should be documented on the BoostBook "Getting Started"
> page?

Either it should be documented or fixed. I'll do one of the above Real Soon
Now.

> Along with the fact (if it's still true) that you have to delete
> catalog.xml for changes to the configuration file to take effect,

Yep, that's a really annoying, persistent problem.

> and
> that if any existing .html files in the doc\html directory are
> read-only, (e.g. because cvs, or perhaps Tortoise CVS, makes them read
> only when you do a cvs checkout), BoostBook won't replace them?

Hmmm, right. All of these could (should) be fixed, but I should document them
until they do get fixed.

> > Well, that gets me a little farther, but now xsltproc.exe crashes. The
> > output is attached to the end of the message.
>
> I re-downloaded and reinstalled libxslt and related libraries and now it
> seems to be working. No doubt I'll have some questions about how to use
> it, but that will have to wait until I actually do.

Interesting. Glad you got it up and running. Sorry it wasn't quite so smooth.

        Doug