From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-30 18:10:24

> "Edward Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> writes:
> > Do you mean that bjam V2 does not support the toolsets that bjam V1
> > supports ?
>
> There's no bjam v2, only Boost.Build v2, but yeah, BBv2 doesn't
> support all the same toolsets as v1 yet.
>
> > If this is the case, certainly it should be documented.
>
> You seem to overlook the fact that BBv2 is pre-release software. It
> isn't reasonable to expect it to have complete documentation or
> support for everything in v1 yet. We're going to get it to support
> the same toolsets as v1 does before it is released.

OK, I certainly didn't realize this. I will stick with version 1 until
version 2 is completed and ready for use. I do think, for those who want to
try it, that the documentation should always be updated with a list of which
toolsets are supported; otherwise it is a guessing game with which compilers
it works as the natural asssumption, given no list, is that it works with
the same set of compilers as version 1.