From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-01 10:03:13

> I built bjam for 1.31 and then I built bcp for 1.31 using MingW/GCC 3.3.1
> using bjam version 1. I then opened a command prompt, went to the root
> directory of my Boost 1.31 distribution and tried:
>
> bcp --list shared_ptr
>
> I received this error message:
>
> **** exception(205): std::runtime_error: Error opening for output.
> ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********

Looks like std::cout was unable to open up a stream?

> I then went to the boost subdirectory of my Boost 1.31 distribution and
> typed the same command as above and received:
>
> no errors detected
>
> but no other output was printed on standard out. I am just trying to get a
> list of any dependencies which shared_ptr has using bcp. What am I missing
> in this entire procedure ? It does not appear that bcp is working
correctly
> but maybe I am missing something in how it should be working.

The only way I can get no output (as in your vc7.1 case) is if
libs/shared_ptr is an empty directory (Note that listing for "shared_ptr"
lists everything used by that lib, including all the testing code, use
"bcp --list shared_ptr.hpp" if you just want the header's dependencies).
I've just built and tested with Borland, VC7.1, Intel8, and cygwin and
they're all working OK for me (with the current release version).

John.