From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-05 10:05:38

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> I'd like to test the waters for the last week of June -- let's
> say Monday, June 28 -- being the target date for the next major
> release, which I am volunteering to manage. Correspondingly,
> June 21 or so would be a branch-for-release date, by which
> everything should be in CVS and in the releasable shape.

I think we should try and allow a larger period of time to fix the regression
tests. I suggest we branch for instance 1 month before the release, and then we
restrict the branch only to the patches which stabilize the regression tests
(no new features allowed there). Plus, the trunk is free for new features, and
development is not stalled.

--
Giovanni Bajo