From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-05 20:11:12

Brian McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 02:22:58PM -0800, Mat Marcus wrote:
>
>>The formal review for FC++ has completed. I am sorry to say that FC++
>>is not accepted into boost at this time. It may be possible for the
>>library to be accepted in the future, but not without changes
>>substantial enough to warrant an additional review.
>

> I want to thank Mat for putting in the time and effort to manage the
> review, and again thank all the people who contributed comments. Even
> if the library isn't accepted now, I think a number of good ideas were
> exchanged, and I am glad for it.
>
> I will be busy trying to finish my PhD and find a job in the next
> couple months, so it will be a while before I can work on FC++ again
> with any substantial effort. (In the meantime, if anyone else wants to
> "break off one of the more interesting pieces" of FC++ and work on that
> for Boost, let me know. :) )

Hi Brian,

I've just finished (minus docs) a new version of Phoenix, which
will be the basis of the phoenix-LL merger planned a long time ago.
{{To those who are interested, it's in the Spirit CVS, PHOENIX_V2
branch}}. I'd be very much interested in collaborating with you.
I think the best route is to build on top of a common core.
Phoenix-2 is already built on top of MPL and Fusion (tuples +
algorithms). The way I see it, there are lots of commonality
between LL/Phx and FC++ that can be fused into a core:

     +-----------+----------+
     | LL/Phx | FC++ |
     +-----------+----------+
     | FP core |
     +----------------------+
     | Fusion |
     | MPL |

Tell me what you think. FC++ has been very influential in my style
of programming. I'd be honored to help make FC++ a part of boost
someday.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman