From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-21 07:37:32

David Abrahams wrote:

>> Please apply them yourself, as you are the one with cwpro8 (and 9).
>> I'm reluctant to apply patches when I can't test them, no matter how
>> trivial. :-)
>
> I don't have 9 since my beta license expired and a new one hasn't
> arrived from MW yet. I could just turn those overloads off for all
> __MWERKS__ if a conforming compiler shouldn't need them. Is that
> what you had in mind?

No, no. The overloads are required to support

    bind<int&>( &X::i, _1 )(x) = 5;

but this is not a critical feature (which is why there are no tests for it),
so there isn't much harm if we disable it for CW8. But we shouldn't disable
it for CW9+ if there's no need. FWIW, my evaluation license for CW9.2
expired, too. ;-)