From: Pierre DOUCY (pdoucyml_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-06 17:47:21

I have written a custom container for the bgl's adjacency_list which
was based on a subclass of a stl container (namely, std:list).
Everything seemed to work just fine (if not by itself) as I followed
the bgl book indications.

Now, I'm working on a non stl-based container (a wrapper around the bdb
API), and facing a lot of compile-time problems. I know my bdb wrapper
is not fully stl-compliant.

So my question is : if I make this wrapper fully standard-compliant
(for instance by using boost::iterator and by implementing everything
the stl tells me to implement in a AssociativeContainer or a
MultipleAssociativeContainer), will the bgl play nicely with it (i.e.
as if it was a std::map, for instance) ?

If not, what should I do to be able to use my containers with the bgl.
I haven't found any examples out there, and wondered if anyone tried
(and succeded) in this task.

My second question is : how and when does the adjacency_list
instantiates its containers, and is there any way to mess with it, by
passing special arguments to the containers when instatiating my graph
? Reading the code and following the process in a debugger doesn't
really make my ideas clearer.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or ideas

Pierre

--
Written slowly for people who can't read fast.