From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-06 19:02:48

On Thursday 06 May 2004 06:47 pm, Pierre DOUCY wrote:
> So my question is : if I make this wrapper fully standard-compliant
> (for instance by using boost::iterator and by implementing everything
> the stl tells me to implement in a AssociativeContainer or a
> MultipleAssociativeContainer), will the bgl play nicely with it (i.e.
> as if it was a std::map, for instance) ?

I would think so, yes.

> My second question is : how and when does the adjacency_list
> instantiates its containers, and is there any way to mess with it, by
> passing special arguments to the containers when instatiating my graph
> ? Reading the code and following the process in a debugger doesn't
> really make my ideas clearer.

Have you considered whether it is really worth using adjacency_list as the
basis for your graphs? If they are sufficiently different, it may be better
just to write your own graph class (templates) and provide all of the
operations needed to fulfill the appropriate graph concepts.

        Doug