From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-13 09:31:07

Gennaro Prota wrote:

> >Maybe common macros would make life of Boost user easier.
>
> I don't know. Certainly I would vote "no", though, if the common debug
> facilities went beyond the level of a 15-20 lines of simple and
> *portable* code. We can't afford anything that doesn't work perfectly
> on all the supported compilers.

I should have included link to previous message:
(http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/boost/2085600)

I do not suggest new set of ASSERT-like macros.

My suggestion was:
- if NDEBUG is defined debug support is switched off, otherwise
- if BOOST_NDEBUG is defined debug support is switched off, otherwise
- if BOOST_DEBUG is defined all libraries will enable it, otherwise
- library defaults will apply

/Pavel