From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-24 15:36:07

I hadn't considered Michaels idea. I've been using BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(0 ==
sizeof(T)).

Michiel Salters wrote:

>Robert Ramey wrote:
>> BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(false)

>This *should* work. IMHO, if it doesn't, we should fix it, not work
>around it like Michiel suggested.

I don't think I'ts fixable. But maybe one might want to make another macro
named something like BOOST_BETTER_NOT_ARRIVE_HERE - lol

>> However, its doesn't work
>> with compilers that are too smart for their own good. In order to make
this
>> work I need something like:

>Which compiler and which version of boost and the Compiler are you
>using? Can you provide a minimal but complete example? Also, you might
>want to have a look at checked_delete where we had similar problems in
>the past IIRC.

I've noticed it at least on Comeau. I just used the fix above so now I
don't see it. So now I don't know which compilers complain.

Robert Ramey