From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-24 15:58:27

I would very much like to see the serialization library in the 1.32 Release.
However, I'm not sure it will be possible to make the posted schedule.

I have made all changes to address issues raised in the review. On my
personal machine I have passed tests for the compilers VC 7.1 VC 6, gcc 3.3.
Borland compiles (almost everything but requires some debug - it will pass
most tests) Comeau- compiles everthing - accept for a show stopping problem
I've been unable to resolve. My intention has been:

a) post version compatible with 1.31 next week.

b) build and test against the CVS tree on my computer

c) check in

In order to do this I need:

a) authority to check in

b) information on how to mark tests/compilers known to fail.

c) I have a couple of questions that I need an expert opinion on.

   i) the first one is that in order to work, versions for vc 6.0 and
borland need to be compiled with spirit 1.61. So the a special
environmental variable indicating the directory path where this version of
spirit is located on the testing machine. SPIRIT_ROOT. This variable has
to be set when serialization libraries are built for these compilers.

I should say I'm more than a little bit concerned about changes to mpl and
iterators. I'm very much aware of the delays and difficulties associated
with the 1.31 release - and it didn't even include this package.

So I would like to continue on the path I've established above and we'll see
where things stand July 16 when/if you are ready to branch for release.

Good Luck !

Robert Ramey