From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-13 02:51:04

As we are coming closer to the branch-for-release date, I'd like to
inquire developers working towards the release about the current
status of their corresponding TODO items below. Simply replying to
this message and saying "Done", "Not done, will be done by date X",
"Abandoned" or whatever you wish to say on each of the items would be
more than fine.

> Circular Buffer
> ///////////////
>
> Pavel Vozenilek writes:
>
> I asked Jan Galdun and he will try to make circular_buffer available
> for 1.32.
>

> Date-Time
> /////////
>
> Jeff Garland writes:
>
> And while I'm on the subject date-time plans for release, the only 'major
> issue' for this release is whether we are switching to boost-book for this
> release. We would like to, but if we don't make it we will do it for the next
> release.
>

> Iterators
> /////////
>
> David Abrahams writes:
>
> There are a couple of things that ideally I would like to handle, but
> which I am not promising (yet):
>
> 1. Minor adjustments to code in the iterators library
> 2. Iterators library doc fixes
>

> MPL
> ///
>
> New version of the library will be checked in the main trunk before July 11.

Not done yet; July 15 is the new target.

> [...]
> borland need to be compiled with spirit 1.61. So the a special
> environmental variable indicating the directory path where this version of
> spirit is located on the testing machine. SPIRIT_ROOT. This variable has
> to be set when serialization libraries are built for these compilers.
>
> I should say I'm more than a little bit concerned about changes to mpl and
> iterators. I'm very much aware of the delays and difficulties associated
> with the 1.31 release - and it didn't even include this package.
>
> So I would like to continue on the path I've established above and we'll see
> where things stand July 16 when/if you are ready to branch for release.
>

> String Algorithms
> /////////////////
>
> Pavol Droba writes:
>
> I have few outstanding issues to fix, but they are mostly related to
> the documentation. I think, I can manage it.
>
> As it seems, that the Range library will not make it to this release,
> I will use the internal versions of facilities that are currently in the string_algo lib.
>
> So my todo list is as follows:
>
> 1) Finish the documentation
> - Add functions list
> - Add exception specifications
> - Cleanup
>
> 2) Fix examples
> 3) If there will be time, improve find_iterator
> 4) Fix possible regressions.
>

> Questions:
> - I have posted some requestes/bugs on the boost-doc list. What is the status
> of this. Will they be fixed before release?
>
> - According to metacom's tables regex is failing on comeau a so string_algo regex
> test. Is this a setup or regex problem?
>
> - There is an problem with Intel compiler, split tests are failing and I cannot figureout
> why. The message is very vague. Could somebody with an access to this platform,
> try to debug the cause of the problem?
>
> - In regards to the older compiler support. I cannot resonably support compilers, that I
> don't have an access to. Therefor if somebody is interested to use string_algo library
> with one of such compilers, I will need an active help with porting.
>

> uBLAS
> /////
>
> Michael Stevens writes:
>
> The current status of uBLAS is that it has been relatively untouched in the
> Boost CVS single 1.30.0. The active development takes place on a separate
> CVS.
>
> Therefore now would be a good time to bring in the latest code which as some
> quite significant improvements. The code is relatively stable and tested on
> core compilers.
>
> Issues:
> On exotic (old) compiler the code is relatively untested and expected to fail.
> Therefore the real need with regard to 1.32 is to get feedback from extensive
> regression testing results in good time.
>
> As ever the documentation could do with further work to bring it up to date

Thanks in advance,

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering