From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-13 11:52:59

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>As we are coming closer to the branch-for-release date, I'd like to inquire
>developers working towards the release about the current status of their
>corresponding TODO items below. Simply replying to this message and saying
>"Done", "Not done, will be done by date X", "Abandoned" or whatever you
>wish to say on each of the items would be more than fine.

>> Serialization
>> /////////////
>
>> Robert Ramey writes:
>
> a) post version compatible with 1.31 next week.

Done

> b) build and test against the CVS tree on my computer.

Done

> c) check in

Done

I've tested against the latest CVS on my own machine with satisfactory
results. The compilers I've tested are:

1) MSVC 7.1
2) MSVC 6.0
3) Borland 5.51
4) Borland 5.60
5) gcc 3.3 under cygwin
6) gcc 3.4 on linux (draft #20) has been tested on linux with good results

I haven't seen any test results from boost test servers for the
serialization library - I expect to see some soon. If past experience is any
guide - any platform NOT on the above list will have at least a few issues.

d)? marking platforms to skip.

I expect to mark Commeau as not useable due to a problem I have pending. I
might revisit it if I have time. I would also expect to mark gcc 2.95 as not
worth the effort as 3.3+ is a free upgrade. I'm still undecided about this
- I'm a little burned out on this sort of stuff after addressing MSVC 6.0
and Borland.

As to whether or not you want to include it in the branch, I would withhold
judgment pending outcome of the first rounds of "official" test. The you
can decide whether or not it should be included.

There are no new features to add or document for this release. Anything not
in there now would be slated for a subsequent release. This includes
autolib, boost.book among other things.

Robert Ramey