From: Christoph Ludwig (cludwig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-14 02:22:40

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:52:59AM -0700, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>
> >As we are coming closer to the branch-for-release date, I'd like to inquire
> >developers working towards the release about the current status of their
> >corresponding TODO items below. Simply replying to this message and saying
> >"Done", "Not done, will be done by date X", "Abandoned" or whatever you
> >wish to say on each of the items would be more than fine.
>
> >> Serialization
> >> /////////////
[...]
> I've tested against the latest CVS on my own machine with satisfactory
> results. The compilers I've tested are:
>
> 1) MSVC 7.1
> 2) MSVC 6.0
> 3) Borland 5.51
> 4) Borland 5.60
> 5) gcc 3.3 under cygwin
> 6) gcc 3.4 on linux (draft #20) has been tested on linux with good
> results

I'd like to add that the tests with gcc 3.4 passed only if the
compiler was on the latest patch level (3.4.1). The serialization
library can't be build with gcc 3.4.0 (on linux, at least) ecxept you
accept very ungly workarounds. (E.g., the input iterator concept check
in libstdc++v3 was broken.)

Regards

Christoph

--