From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-22 03:44:09

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:10:57AM -0700, Robert Ramey wrote:

> The serialization library is set up as two libraries. Serialization.lib and
> wserialization.lib. If there isn't proper support for wide chars, the later
> fails to build and the tests that depend upon fail to pass. This is what
> happens when I test gcc on cygwin.

Aha, I see! I was confused by the fact that some files explicitly check
and BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT()
e.g. libs/serialization/src/xml_woarchive.cpp
while others just fail to compile
e.g. libs/serialization/src/basic_text_wiprimitive.cpp

> So the fact that there is no wide char support on a particular platform
> should be no problem as far as the serialization library is concerned. Of
> course in such environments wide char use has to be avoided.

OK, I'll ignore any wchar-related failures in serialization.

I didn't get any further testing on FreeBSD, will try to find time tonight.

Thanks for your help,

jon

--
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
 contempt.  He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the