From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-29 04:23:48

Toon Knapen writes:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>
>> Now that we have Boost-wide reports up and running [1], I'd like to
>> encourage all regression runners who's results are not represented
>> there yet take a tiny bit of time to join in.
>> The setup procedure is documented in http://tinyurl.com/4pnfd. It's
>> very short and painless, too!
>

> I'm trying to run the tests on IBM but it looks to me that you have
> hardcoded the gcc toolset.

*Bootstrap* toolsets (the one that are used to build 'bjam' and
'process_jam_log' executables) were hard-coded, for no good
reason. The attached revision of the script allows you to specify both
of these separately, or omit them altogether:

        --bjam-toolset bootstrap toolset for 'bjam' executable (optional)
        --pjl-toolset bootstrap toolset for 'process_jam_log' executable
                        (optional)

If you omit them, and there are no pre-built executables in the
script's directory, then the first toolset extracted from the
'--toolsets' option will be used, and if the latter is not present,
then the script will fall back to some platform-dependent default.

> The script tries to compile with gcc
> although I provide the arg --toolsets=vacpp so finally I changed the
> hardcoded 'gcc' at the beginning of the script in 'vacpp'.

Now simple

   python regression.py --toolsets=vacpp --runner=<your runner id>

should work, given that you want to rebuild 'bjam'/'process_jam_log'
on every cycle (if you don't, simply place the binaries in the script
directory, as per docs).

> BTW, it would be nice if the script could also be instructed to reuse
> the boost directory that is present. I run regression tests every day
> on 3 platforms so I download them once, copy them on all machines and
> launch the scripts. Downloading them for every platform would
> needlessly consume bandwith.

Undestood. You can do it by invoking 'regression.py' with the
following sequence of commands:

    python regression.py cleanup bin
    python regression.py setup
    python regression.py test --toolsets=<your toolsets>
    python regression.py collect-logs --runner=<your runner id>
    python regression.py upload-logs --runner=<your runner id>

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering