From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-31 05:26:45

Stefan Slapeta writes:
> Please could anybody explain me what the reason for white cells in
> the regression tests is and why these tests are not executed?

In general, a white cell means that a test case wasn't present when
the tests were run by a particular runner (but it was present in at
least one of the other runs). There are two situations when that's
the case:

1) It's a new test case, and the white cells will be filled in as soon
   as runners catch up with the latest CVS state.

2) The test case used to be present, but was recently removed. In this
   case, as soon as everybody catches up with the latest CVS state, the
   test case line will be gone from the reports.

> Concrete examples are:

Looking at the corresponding Jamfiles...

> - test: ifstream_line_iterator_test

Commented out by the author --
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/libs/test/test/Jamfile?r1=1.23&r2=1.24

> - numeric/ublas: test7

Same here --
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/libs/numeric/ublas/Jamfile?r1=1.12&r2=1.13

I'm not sure whether this is a good practice. I'd say that if the test
failure indicates a real issue with the library on a particular set of
compilers -- even if that set includes most of them -- then marking it
up as an "expected failure" with a corresponding note would be more
fair.

Michael? Gennadiy?

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy