From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-31 05:40:49

Johan Nilsson writes:
> [Should this really go to boost.users instead?]

This list is fine and is probably more appropriate for this particular
posting.

> Hi,
>
> loads of warnings are generated when compiling code with VC 7.1
> using Boost.Thread and lexical_cast with the warning level set to
> 4. I use Boost 1.31.0, but at a quick look at the latest versions
> they seem to have the same problem

[snip warnings]

> Would it be possible to get rid of those using pragmas in the header
> files? I wouldn't mind disabling C4511/4512 globally but the other
> ones I'd prefer not to. Selectively disabling the other warnings
> when including the files is practically impossible.

Johan, I'm afraid if you want to fix this, you have to submit a patch.

> I guess this has been discussed before, but why not compile with
> warning level 4 + warnings as errors by default?

IIRC, too much hassle with little benefit. You can search the archives
for the past discussions on the topic.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering