From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-21 17:36:58

Carlo Wood <carlo_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 02:41:00PM -0600, Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>> This is a good way to have your future suggestions ignored.
>>
>> Since filesystem already has many users, you'll need to convince more
>> than 'several people' that there is a problem before your proposal is
>> accepted. Furthermore, how do you know that those people see the same
>> problems as you do, if you're not willing to spell out in detail
>> exactly what the problems are?
>>
>> Jonathan
>
> Ok, then I won't waste any more of your or my time.
> Its fine with me that I just write this code for my own use.

What a pity.

Rationale is an important part of the Boost process. Supplying
rationale for changes to a library, it seems to me, is not only
reasonable but neccessary. If you ever change your mind and decide
you can tolerate a request for rationale without storming off, please
post it to this list, because I for one am certainly interested in
possible changes to filesystem.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting