From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-21 18:50:36

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:36:58 -0400
David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Rationale is an important part of the Boost process. Supplying
> rationale for changes to a library, it seems to me, is not only
> reasonable but neccessary. If you ever change your mind and decide
> you can tolerate a request for rationale without storming off, please
> post it to this list, because I for one am certainly interested in
> possible changes to filesystem.

Requiring rationale is not just a boost-ism. All professional
development in which I have ever been involved has required rationale
before initial development, and especially changing interfaces and
fundamental designs after those interfaces have been placed into use.

Asking for it is not a slam, but merely a request to provide supporting
documentation.