From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-25 19:34:44

--- "Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> --- Markus_Schöpflin <markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > Which switches do you want to add to the toolset?
> >
> > -model ansi
>
> Correction: the unresolved symbol errors disappear if I add -model ansi not
> only to the compilation command, but also the link command. My old bug report
> seems to have done something! Now testing everything we have which will take
> while...
> Ralf

Almost everything works with -model ansi, with this one exception:

% python boost/libs/python/test/polymorphism.py
E.E...
ERROR: testReturnCpp (__main__.PolymorphTest)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/net/worm/scratch1/rwgk/dist/boost/libs/python/test/polymorphism.py",
line 20, in testReturnCpp
    self.failUnlessEqual ('B::f()', a.f())
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

ERROR: test_pure_virtual (__main__.PolymorphTest)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/net/worm/scratch1/rwgk/dist/boost/libs/python/test/polymorphism.py",
line 58, in test_pure_virtual
    self.failUnlessEqual ('Q::f()', q.f())
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

Ran 6 tests in 0.008s

FAILED (errors=2)

The same test works when compiled without the -model switch. However, I guess
this could be fixed somehow, and -model ansi is the way to go if it makes other
errors disappear. I.e. I think -model ansi should be default in the toolset.

Ralf