From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-25 20:36:08

Gennadiy Rozental writes:
> I would like to second that.
>
> Two month ago I was told that I had to freeze any development yet
> another month ago. Now we still nowhere and I still couldn't move a
> finger.

1) Release or not, any major new development should happen on the branch.
2) At least please take care of the unmarked failures in Boost.Test before
   claiming that you've done your part for the release.

> I understand that it may be caused by book preparation. But should
> we necessarily need to use namely this release?

Yes. We have to use a coherent set of sources that contains the new
version of the MPL, and this is what this release is going to provide
us with, in particular.

> Let at least set a policy for open information: if for whatever reason
> release needs to be postponed lets announce it and set a new date.

There *was* annoucement of the release delay. The new date is going to
be set as soon as MPL is in the main trunk.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering