From: Thomas Wenisch (twenisch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-30 17:30:49

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, tom brinkman wrote:

> If there are no objections, starting with the "More IO" library, I will
> attach an ID number to each reviewed library. Please reference this ID
> number in any postings to the group. This will help in organizing the
> reviews and assist in searching for related postings.

<snip>

> The following libraries still require review manager volunteers:
> 10006 - Named Parms
> 10007 - Policy Pointer
> 10008 - Wave
> 10009 - Finite State Machine (FSM)
> 10010 - Fixed Strings

It may not be worth renumbering things at this point, but I would suggest
that you prefix library IDs with the current year rather than an arbitrary
large number. In otherwords More IO would be 2004-01.

This will make it easier to find and refer back to old reviews, since it
conveys useful information and may make it easier to find something
several years from now.

Going forward, you could assign sequence numbers based on the date a
review is formally requested.

Regards,
-Tom Wenisch
Computer Architecture Lab