From: Francis ANDRE (francis.andre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-18 13:54:55

> What I would
> like is to have the VC IDE projects setup so that they use the same places
> as bjam.

In MSVC, you could avoid to have a absolute path for a "outside" library by
putting only a relative path or the library name itself as:

lib/libboost_test_exec_monitor-vc71-sgd.lib
and specify a global library path to apply to all projects (which is the
case for the test_exec_monitor of the serialization lib) using the tab
tools-->options-->projects-->VC++directories
and then specifies where is located
"lib/libboost_test_exec_monitor-vc71-sgd.lib".

For my configuration of the serialization tests, I am using a global
variable BOOST that sets up the global path for looking for libraries to
$(BOOST)/lib and I remove all the C:\boost\lib from the *.vcproj

(the tab has also a global path setup for includes, executable and so on)

In this way, you can get both the best of the bjam batch and the natural VC
IDE
construct.

Francis ANDRE

--
A good friend will come bail you out of jail..........
but, a true friend....will be sitting next to you saying: